From [[http://cpsquare.org CPsquare]], the community of practice on communities of practice.
Combining the strengths of a text discussion like an email list or discussion board with a wiki can give you the best of both worlds, but it takes an effort to get the practice established.
Audience for this practice note
- Who is likely to read and use this note
Context for the practice
- Social and technical constraints
How to do it
- The mechanics are relatively simple
- Establishing the practice is a challenge
- When you say "read the friendly manual" to people it's actually helpful to send them to a wiki
- It's hard to remember the discussion where a community insight was generated
Variants and applicability