From [[http://cpsquare.org CPsquare]], the community of practice on communities of practice.
Communities of Practice Bibliography
including books, articles, and videos on theory, practice, examples, and so on...
... usually including comments, assessments, and links.
These resources from the Anthrodesign email list are not about communities of practice, but since the field rests on ethnographic studies and communities nowadays have such a strong digital element, the list compiled by Danielle Zezulinski seemed relevant.
- D. Bell and B. Kennedy (eds). 2000. The Cybercultures Reader.
- Tom Boellstorff. Coming of Age in Second Life.
- Doostdar, Alireza. 2004. "The Vulgar Spirit of Blogging": On Language, Culture, and Power in Persian Weblogestan. American Anthropologist 106 (4):651-662.
- S. Jones (ed). 1995. CyberSociety: Computer-Mediated Communication and Community.
- S. Kiesler (ed). 1997. Culture of the Internet.
- Rheingold, Howard. 1994. Virtual Community: Finding Connection in a Computerized World.
- D. Silver and A. Massanari (eds). 2006. Critical Cyberculture Studies.
- Turkle, Sherry. 1995. Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet.