CPsquare:Webcrossing account help
From [[http://cpsquare.org CPsquare]], the community of practice on communities of practice.
Our Web Crossing site is an online forum where you can interact with other users and access CPsquare content. This is the main site, which you will use day in and day out. It is built on technology provided by Web Crossing, and is therefore sometimes referred to as "webcrossing," rather than "conversations dot cpsquare dot org," for the sake of convenience. To access this site, you must first complete the new member registration process at http://admin.cpsquare.org.
New Membership Registration
- First complete the new membership registration procedure, as explaned here: http://cpsquare.org/wiki/CPsquare:Wildapricot_account_help
Logging In to Web Crossing
- Follow the http://conversations.cpsquare.org link from the new membership registration email you received, or enter it directly into the address bar of you web browser. You will see this page:
This is the log in page for the main site. Bookmark this page, as you will be logging in for regular access to the CPsquare online community.
- Enter your name or the email address used at registration into the first field. Unlike the registration site, http://admin.cpsquare.org, either your name or email address can be used as a unique identifier. For convenience, it is recommended that you use your name.
- Enter the temporary password sent to you in the automatically generated email you received when your account was setup.
- Once logged in to the main site, please change the temporary password to a secure password of your choosing. This password is distinct from the password used for registration purposes at http://admin.cpsquare.org. To do this, scroll to the bottom of the welcome page, and find the section labeled “personal:” in bold text. Click the “preferences” link to the right.
- At the bottom of the page click the “change password” link
- Enter the temporary password, followed by the new password, twice, and click the “Set Preference” button.
Keep track of both the password for the main site, and the password for the registration site. You will need both to fully access the resources of your CPsquare membership, although you will use the password for the main site more frequently.
- If you happen to use more than one email address on a regular basis, remember that Web Crossing only keeps one. If you enter the "wrong" email address, Web Crossing will not recognize you. Enter your name (usually in first-name / last name form) with your password to access the site.
- If you have lost your main site password, from http://conversations.cpsquare.org, click the “Forgot Password” link within the blue side bar on the left side of the page. You will see this page:
Enter your full name or your email address. Web Crossing will send you a random number immediately which you can use as a temporary password. If you don't see the message from Web Crossing it could be due to one of the following factors:
- You have changed your email address. Web Crossing only keeps one address for you, which is the address to which regular CPsquare announcements go. Look for a password reset message in the email account to which Web Crossing has sent it. (Then remember to update your information on your profile page.)
- Sometimes a spam filter will catch a password reset message from Web Crossing. You may be able to find the message in a special email folder.
If you do not receive a password reset message, write to "admin (at) cpsquare (dot) org" asking for a manual password reset. A response might take up to 24 hours or one business day.
Once you log on, be sure to update your password and make sure that your name and email address are correct by changing your Web Crossing Preferences