CPsquare:Passwords and their retrieval
From [[http://cpsquare.org CPsquare]], the community of practice on communities of practice.
This page guides you through the event registration, new membership registration, membership renewal, login and password retrieval processes. If reading through this guide does not address your concerns, please email the sysop directly at admin (at) cpsquare (dot) org.
CPsquare Web Structure
CPsquare is comprised of three distinct web sites:
- http://cpsquare.org is has a WordPress blog and a Mediawiki wiki. The latter (this wiki) is a self-registration platform. Relatively few members have accounts on the WordPress blog.
- http://admin.cpsquare.org is used for the processes of event registration, new membership registration, and membership renewal. You will use this site only occasionally.
- http://conversations.cpsquare.org is an online community where you can interact with other users and access CPsquare content. This is the main site, which you will use day in and day out. To access this site, you must first complete the new member registration process at http://admin.cpsquare.org.
Event Registration is the function for which you will access http://admin.cpsquare.org most often. Both CPsquare members and non-members can register for events. To register for an event, follow these steps:
- From http://admin.cpsquare.org, click the “Events” link on the left side of the page.
- A list of upcoming events will appear. Browse the titles and click the “show details” link in the lower right of an event’s blue box if you choose.
- After identifying the event you wish to register for, click the appropriate “register” button.
- You will see this screen:
- Enter an email address and click the “Next” button.
- If you are a non-member, you will be asked to input your contact and Paypal payment information manually.
- If your email address matches a current membership record in our database, you will see this screen:
Click the “Next” button to enter contact details automatically.
- Await the automatically generated confirmation email for your event registration records and other pertinent information.
New Membership Registration
New Members should follow these steps:
- From http://admin.cpsquare.org, click the “Join Now” link on the left side of the page.
- Then click the “Online Application” link which should appear below.
- Check the membership level that reflects your circumstances, and click the “Next” button.
- You will see an application form requesting your email address and desired password. If you see a message saying "Email address already in use" it means that you need to log-on to the system using a password that corresponds to that account. This password will only be used on the admin system (http://admin.cpsquare.org) for account management and event registration (you can retrieve it if you have forgotten it). Once you have entered the requisite information into the form, click “Submit.”
- You will then be directed to Paypal for the automatic payment process.
- Once the payment process is complete, you receive an automatic acknowledgment email.
- Setting up your access to our main forum site ( http://conversations.cpsquare.org ) is a manual process, so it may take up to a full day to complete. You will receive a welcoming message with access details, including a temporary password. See also “Logging in to the Main Site,” below.
After the initial registration process has been completed, there are only three instances in which you will need to log into http://admin.cpsquare.org: event registration, membership renewal, and changing your password. To log in, you will need the email address you registered with, and your password. There is no separate user name at this site. The email address used at registration is the only unique identifier used at http://admin.cpsquare.org.
Logging In to the Main Site
- Follow the http://conversations.cpsquare.org link from the new membership registration email you received, or enter it directly into the address bar of you web browser. You will see this page:
This is the log in page for the main site. Bookmark this page, as you will be logging in for regular access to the CPsquare online community.
- Enter your name or the email address used at registration into the first field. Unlike the registration site, http://admin.cpsquare.org, either your name or email address can be used as a unique identifier. For convenience, it is recommended that you use your name.
- Enter the temporary password sent to you in the automatically generated email you received upon new member registration.
- Once logged in to the main site, please change the temporary password to a secure password of your choosing. This password is distinct from the password used for registration purposes at http://admin.cpsquare.org. To do this, scroll to the bottom of the welcome page, and find the section labeled “personal:” in bold text. Click the “preferences” link to the right.
- Under the heading “Enter Additional CPsquare Profile Information Here,” click the “change password” link
- Enter the temporary password, followed by the new password, twice, and click the “Set Preference” button.
Keep track of both the password for the main site, and the password for the registration site. You will need both to fully access the resources of your CPsquare membership, although you will use the password for the main site more frequently.
- If you have lost your registration password, from http://admin.cpsquare.org, click the “Forgot Password” link within the blue side bar on the left side of the page. You will be prompted for an email address. Enter the email address you provided at new member registration. Await an email from the admin (at) cpsquare (dot) org which will contain a reset password. This reply might take a while. Check your SPAM filter as this kind of message can get trapped there.
- If you have lost your main site password, from http://conversations.cpsquare.org, click the “Forgot Password” link within the blue side bar on the left side of the page. You will see this page:
You will be prompted for an email address. Enter the email address you use in Web Crossing. Await an email from admin (at) cpsquare (dot) org which will contain a reset password. This reply should not take too long. Check your SPAM filter as this kind of message can get trapped there. If you don't get a reset password, could it be that you have been using a different email address?
If the password retrieval doesn't work for a CPsquare service, write to admin (at) cpsquare (dot) org.