Bibliography of bibliographies
Obviously CPsquare's bibliography doesn't contain everything. This page describes other notable catalogs and bibliographies. Some of the works mentioned in the bibliographies on this page are also referenced on the bibliography pages of this wiki.
- A bibliography of ethnographic work focused on technology and cyberspace: http://webdb.lse.ac.uk/ethnobase/bibliography.asp
- A **vast** bibliography by Christopher Johnson focusing on issues related to his dissertation on Web Heads In Action, a community of practice for teachers of English as a second language: http://sites.inka.de/manzanita/dissertation/biblio_COP.htm
- Alice MacGillivray's dissertation bibliography is here: http://boundaryspanner.wordpress.com/features/dissertation-references-draft/
- Ardichvili, A., Page, V., & Wentling, T. (2003). Motivation and Barriers to Participation in Virtual Knowledge-Sharing Communities of Practice. Journal of Knowledge Management, 7(1), 64-77.
- Articles on Community of Practice from CiteULike (mainly journal titles) http://www.citeulike.org/search/all?f=tag&q=community+of+practice
- Collaborative learning environments sourcebook - University of South Africa http://www.criticalmethods.org/collab/v.mv?d=1_1
- Communities of Practice: A Review of the Literature by John Sharp last updated 12 March 1997 http://www.tfriend.com/cop-lit.htm (last accessed 11 jul 2006)
- Dube, L., Bourhis, A and Jacob, R. (2006). Towards a typology of virtual communities of practice”, Interdisciplinary Journal of Information, Knowledge and Management. (Annual 2006): 69-94.
- Enrique Murillo, (2011). "Communities of practice in the business and organization studies literature" Information Research, 16(1) paper 464. Available at http://InformationR.net/ir/16-1/paper464.html . Provides a comprehensive review and critique of the field with a very complete bibliography.
- Fred Nickols recommended readings: [] and []
- http://learning-search-swicki.eurekster.com/communities+of+practice/ maintained by Dorine Ruter
- http://socialmedia.wikispaces.com/A-Z of social media - Key terms in social media and social networking. This set of key terms in social media and social networking is being developed as part of a guide for the [ICT Foresight project] in the UK. It is very much work in progress.
- http://www.learningforsustainability.net aims to provide a practical resource for those who work with communities (in the wider sense of the term) to help them identify and adopt more sustainable practices.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_of_Practice (links to other sources)
- Howard Dobson, A review of Graduate Student Research Studies of Communities of Practice (unpublished monograph) 2005. http://4km.net/Web_Dobson.pdf
- Howard Reingold's reading list for a class has an extensive list of resources around the topic of online community: http://socialmediaclassroom.com/vircom09/wiki/texts
- Johnson, Christopher M. (2001). **A survey of current research on online communities of practice.** Internet and Higher Education, 4, 45-60, from http://www.learnloop.org/olc/johnsonOnlineCoP.pdf
- Kerno, S. (2008). Limitations of communities of practice: a consideration of unresolved issues and difficulties in the approach”, Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies, 15(1), 69-79. (Available via Expanded Academic ASAP database).
- Lee, J. & Valderrama, K (2003) Building successful communities of practice: CoPs are networks of activities”, Information Outlook, 7(5), 28-31.
- Nancy White and the KM4Dev community are developing a set of resources on many topics related to communities of practice and development here: http://www.km4dev.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ_Index
- Probst, G. & Stefano, B. (2008). Why communities of practice succeed and why they fail. European Management Journal 26(5), 335-348.
- Retna, K.S., & Pak, T.N (2011). "Communities of practice: dynamics and success factors. Leadership & Organization Development Journal 32(1), 41-59.
- Ropes, D.C (2010). "Measuring the impact of communities of practice: a conceptual model. International Journal of Learning and Intellectual Capital, 8(1), 94.
- Soekijard, M, et al. (2004). Learning and knowledge processes in inter-organisational communities of practice. Knowledge and Process Management, 11(1), 3-12.
- Wenger, E. & Snyder, W. (2000) Communities of practice the organisational frontier. Harvard Business Review Jan-Feb, Available at: http://itu.dk/people/petermeldgaard/B12/lektion%207/Communities%20of%20Practice_The%20Organizational%20Frontier.pdf
- Stephen R Barnett, Sandra C Jones, Sue Bennett, Don Iverson, and Andrew Bonney (2012) General practice training and virtual communities of practice - a review of the literature. BMC Family Practice 2012, 13:87 doi:10.1186/1471-2296-13-87 http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1471-2296-13-87.pdf
- Related learning theories http://learningevolves.wikispaces.com