Application Sharing tools
From [[http://cpsquare.org CPsquare]], the community of practice on communities of practice.
Application or screen-sharing tools have the ability to share an application running on a local computer with one or many other users who are linked together in a data conference. To share tips on using an application, update documents, edit CAD diagrams, share photos and more. The community benefits by:
- developing joint models and understanding more quickly and easily,
- preserving those models, and
- sharing these models at a later time. (this last part seems not specific enough/fuzzy?)
Sharing any application from your desktop to anyone in your space is a powerful feature and often used for a variety of things. The great power comes from the ability to share use of any tool, including an application that only one person may have on their computer (e.g. mind mapping or project management software)
Uses in communities of practice
Strong focus from a CoP perspective
Start, Stop,Application Sharing
- Start sharing an application.
- To communicate a model within an application which you have on your machine to others.
- Enables sharing of additional application in a new window or the same window. Add another model in parallel to expand the discussion.
- Context notes
Suspend and Resume updates
- Ability to momentarily suspend application sharing to allow for minimal data transfer.
- Save resources while changes are made, improving system response.'