From [[http://cpsquare.org CPsquare]], the community of practice on communities of practice.
An online drawing tool for diagrams with a shared interface allowing multiple members to draw.
Uses in communities of practice
To share drawings and allow for collaborative development of a diagram. A virtual shared whiteboard which allows community members to share drawings and create new ones allows the community to:
- develop common models and frameworks in real-time, and
- share those models easily with others.
- Together/apart, Synch/Asynch:
- Pen, Erase, Basic Drawing, Autoshapes (with Custom Shapes), Autoconnection, Text, Comments, Pen and Eraser Features, Basic features to draw.
When diagrams are required and should be shared in real-time, a whiteboard allows the users to share a diagram and jointly edit and change it.
- Insert space Add extra space to the diagram.
Adding new components to an existing diagram.
- Ability to take and pass control Enables different people to take turns using the whiteboard. It may vary by platform.
- Collaborate in real-time using a diagram tool by passing drawing capabilities between participants.