Bibliography of bibliographies
From [[http://cpsquare.org CPsquare]], the community of practice on communities of practice.
Revision as of 18:51, 14 June 2011 by Smithjd
- A comprehensive review and critique of the field with a very complete bibliography is found in Enrique Murillo, (2011). "Communities of practice in the business and organization studies literature" Information Research, 16(1) paper 464. Available at http://InformationR.net/ir/16-1/paper464.html
- A bibliography of ethnographic work focused on technology and cyberspace: http://webdb.lse.ac.uk/ethnobase/bibliography.asp
- Howard Reingold's reading list for a class has an extensive list of resources around the topic of online community: http://socialmediaclassroom.com/vircom09/wiki/texts
- http://learning-search-swicki.eurekster.com/communities+of+practice/ maintained by Dorine Ruter
- http://socialmedia.wikispaces.com/A-Z of social media - Key terms in social media and social networking. This set of key terms in social media and social networking is being developed as part of a guide for the [ICT Foresight project] in the UK. It is very much work in progress.
- http://www.learningforsustainability.net aims to provide a practical resource for those who work with communities (in the wider sense of the term) to help them identify and adopt more sustainable practices.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_of_Practice (links to other sources)
- Howard Dobson, A review of Graduate Student Research Studies of Communities of Practice (unpublished monograph) 2005. http://4km.net/Web_Dobson.pdf
- Alice MacGillivray's dissertation bibliography is here: http://boundaryspanner.wordpress.com/features/dissertation-references-draft/
- Johnson, Christopher M. (2001). **A survey of current research on online communities of practice.** Internet and Higher Education, 4, 45-60, from http://www.learnloop.org/olc/johnsonOnlineCoP.pdf
- A **vast** bibliography by Christopher Johnson focusing on issues related to his dissertation on Web Heads In Action, a community of practice for teachers of English as a second language: http://sites.inka.de/manzanita/dissertation/biblio_COP.htm
- Nancy White and the KM4Dev community are developing a set of resources on many topics related to communities of practice and development here: http://www.km4dev.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ_Index
- Collaborative learning environments sourcebook - University of South Africa http://www.criticalmethods.org/collab/v.mv?d=1_1
- Communities of Practice: A Review of the Literature by John Sharp last updated 12 March 1997 http://www.tfriend.com/cop-lit.htm (last accessed 11 jul 2006)
- Fred Nickols recommended readings: [] and []
- Articles on Community of Practice from CiteULike (mainly journal titles) http://www.citeulike.org/search/all?f=tag&q=community+of+practice
- Related learning theories http://learningevolves.wikispaces.com